Monday, November 12, 2007

Another Year

Well, another year has passed, and I am now 26 (as of November 9th). That's kind of weird when I think about it. 4 years till 30! Not that 30 is old...because it's not. Anyway, I had a great weekend. My girlfriend, Jamey, and I took the day off Friday. We went to the St. Louis Zoo that afternoon, and then we stopped by my mom and dad's house for dinner. Mom made a special dinner (by my request)...her chicken-pot pie, sautéed green beans, mashed potatoes, and her yellow cake that I like so much. She did all that in addition to working a full day. I love my mom. :) Saturday, Jamey and I took a trip to the St. Louis Science Center to see the Body Worlds 3 exhibit. It was so good...very enlightening. It will be there till March of 2008 (I think), so go get tickets. Later that night, Jamey treated me to dinner at Travenas. If you're hungry, and in the area, I highly recommend it. We've now eaten there twice...and been thoroughly impressed each time. The atmosphere is nice-casual, but the food is outstanding. May I suggest the Aegean Salmon, New York Strip Steak, or the Fettucine con Pollo?

6 comments:

Mack said...

Yeah I turned 25 last month and I've got to say it was one of the best birthdays in quite a while -- two words, insurance refund. Shoot I'll have to get married to see a discount now ...

Sounds like you did a lot of eating, and good eating at that. I've pretty much exhausted the restaurant fair in Branson so I've resorted back to cooking at home (aka tuna sandwich).

And yes you may recommend those dishes.

Tristan said...

Happy belated birthday, Nathan. Sorry I missed it!

Unknown said...

You 2 old farts...

Unknown said...

Wow, after 9 months, I finally made it into your blog. I'm famous!!! Yes!!!

Hate to break it to you, but you only think 30 isn't old because you are only 4 years away from it Grandpa. Did Tristan tell you all that I found a gray hair on him the day after his b-day? Well, he claims it was blonde...

Have fun this weekend! Own those newb's babe!

Tristan said...

Did my girlfriend just use the word "newb?" :)

Unknown said...

You better believe it Sucka's!!!!